Your privacy is of the utmost importance to us.
At Taylor Blinds & Shutters, we want to provide a safe and satisfying service experience. We comply with South African data protection legislation – the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) – and as such, we have strict security procedures in place in respect of both the storage and the disclosure of any information that you have provided to us.
Please note, Trellidor never shares any information about specific individuals with any external third party unless required to do so by law or compliance with our regulatory obligations.
Because we gather certain types of information about you, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
Our Information Officer is the Group’s CFO, contactable through email@example.com.
We have registered our Information Officer with the Information Regulator. We are deemed a responsible party under the POPI Act and operate under registration number Trellidor.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
The type of personal data we process about you may include:
- Your personal details (e.g. your ID number), your contact details (e.g. your e-mail address and telephone number) and demographic information (e.g. your age, gender and nationality). We may also collect details about your visits to our website in order to conduct statistical marketing analysis to improve our services.
- Your IP (internet protocol) address and information about your device, browser and location.
- Where you fill out our web form/ application forms etc. to apply to be a client of Taylor Blinds & Shutters, we may also collect Your financial information, financial services experience and other information required for account setup (when you fill in our client application forms), including, but not limited to, your employment details, sources of funds, bank and credit card details.
- Your identification documents (submitted at the time of registration) to perform Know Your Customer checks and identity verifications. If you visit our premises, we may record photos or videos of you for security purposes.
- Your e-mail behaviour, if you are a registered client or have used any of our services, to determine if you have received and read our communications. We may also process data that you have shared on public websites or social media.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We process your data in accordance with South African law as well as other applicable laws, e.g. the GDPR where applicable. We ensure that your data is processed fairly and lawfully across all our business domains. Furthermore, we make sure that your data is only processed for the purposes it was originally collected, that it is updated, relevant and not excessive, not stored longer than necessary and kept secure by adopting best industry practices. We require your personal data in order to:
- comply with legal obligations;
- provide services as requested by you under the contract entered with you;
- carry out other business activities in the Company’s legitimate interest where the rights to privacy do not override our business interests, e.g. for the purposes of direct marketing.
We may share your information with third-party processors that are contracted to Taylor Blinds & Shutters for the provision of services such as: identity verification, fraud/sanctions screening, digital agencies, hosting providers, liquidity providers and other technical partners, banks, online payment service providers, legal advisors, regulators, law enforcement agencies or other legal bodies for crime prevention or national security.
As a responsible party we respect your right to privacy and all other rights as set forth in data protection law. If we process data about you, you have the right to request or access information we hold about you. In order to access your information, you can send us a request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Where your data is shared with a third-party, we shall contact them for deletion unless this proves impossible or involves disproportionate effort.
Trellidor is a global company, and your data may be transferred across borders to countries with different level of protections. Data transfers outside SA may be for the purposes of administration or storage. Our database development and management teams are located within Trellidor. In limited circumstances, we may share your data with staff located in our subsidiaries for administration purposes or to process your payments. Where data transfers are made outside of SA, we ensure all adequacy measures are satisfied for the security of your personal information. Where reasonably possible, we may pseudonymise or minimise data for protection. In some circumstances, we may share your data with entities in our group and staff located within Trellidor for administration purposes or to process your payments.
We may retain your data as per our data retention policies per type of processing activity. We may be legally obliged to retain data for longer purposes under anti-money laundering regulations and FAIS regulations.
We do not share or sell your information except as described in our policy. As a responsible party, we ensure that our business practices and data processing are compliant with regulations, and that our data processing staff are well-trained in processing your information securely. Our partners and third-party processors are all bound by strict data protection obligations provisioned in their work contracts. Furthermore, we have adopted sound technical and compliance procedures to avoid loss or destruction of and unauthorised access or omission to your data.
If you have any queries with regards to how we access or handle your information, or want to make a complaint, please write to our Information Security Team at email@example.com.
DETAILS OF REGULATOR
The Information Regulator (South Africa)
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor, Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Mr Marks Thibela
Chief Executive Officer
Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5200, Cell No. +27 (0) 82 746 4173
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.